I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Random ramblings....

Wow, it has been quite a while since my last post...

I'm sure a lot of you are wondering how I'm doing...if I'm "really ok"...what I've been up to....well, here's an update on my life.

How am I doing? I really do feel good these days...emotionally I'm doing WAY better than in ancitpated this soon after our last IVF cycle. I've been laughing...making jokes...spending time with my family...spending time with my friends...cooking....all the things that make me feel "me". I've even started exercising. I'm learning that the older I get...the harder it is to lose weight. Add in all the fertility meds I've been on the last year...and it makes it EVEN harder. So I did some things to help...I bought an iPod. Best money I've spent in a LONG time (ok, except for some super cute shoes..but whatever). In using my iPod I've learned a few things about myself.....with my earbuds in...and the house to myself I think I can:
1) Sing like Lea Michele from Glee.
2) Dance as good as my friend Nicole.
3) Burn calories that would make my sister proud.

THEN...reality set in. I overdid it. Yep....pulled some muscles in my back/neck and as I type this I am sitting here with an icepack on my back. It's like it's always something. I take 2 steps forward and 2 steps back. Hopefully this won't get me down for long and I can get back to creating a consistant work out regime that I can stick to.

Jason and I leave for the Bahamas in about a month....so...all my focus lies there. We are so thankful that we are getting to go on a trip like this....it comes at the perfect time and it's the best medicine we could ask for. :) From now until then we are just taking time for ourselves...Jason is even golfing again. It's great that he's doing things that make him happy as well, and I know golf makes him happy. So often everyone focuses on how I'M doing...so it's nice that he's doing things for himself as well to lift his spirits.

As for what is the nex step on The Oliver's Journey???? We aren't sure. We know it involves adoption...we just aren't sure whether we will focus on embryo adoption or the more traditional adoption. Time & prayer will lead us to the right decision for us.

During the past few months I've really come to form a bond with some women I've met through RESOLVE. We help each other...listen...advise....cry together....pray for each other. I'm so thankful that these women have come into my life.

I've learned something else about myself during this experience....I am good at giving advice...I'm good at counseling...I'm good at talking about this infertility process. I've asked God for some direction during this journey and maybe this is Him trying to tell me I need to pursue this...maybe even a career. I want to share my story...inform others...help other women. How do I make that happen? I have no clue...but I need to try and figure it out. That is my prayer request, pray that God points me in the right direction and if this is where He is leading me, pray that some doors open for that to be possible. Maybe it's getting more involved with RESOLVE...maybe it's writing a book. These un-answered questions actually make me excited. Wow...me, excited? It's a nice feeling. :)

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you're doing better!

    www.brandysheaif.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you don't mind a post by a physician. In examining this blog, it seems as though you are fairly young. Very odd to have 25 oocytes and only 2 embryos. Consider a second opinion. If you haven't already done so, compare statistics of current facility with others nearby. Visit http://www.cdc.gov/art/ARTReports.htm for information. Options such as egg donation and embryo donation possible but seems like it's very important to maximize your own chances. Google embryo donation for additional information. Good luck in whatever you decide to do. CRS

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, what a great post & comment by the MD. I am so excited that you all have a trip planned, it was one of the things I wished Paul and I had done after our failed IVF cycles too. I pray for you (and all the other RESOLVE girls) all the time. Maybe we can co author a book because I feel the same way. As always, I am here if you need me. Good luck with the next step of the Oliver's journey...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so good to hear from you! I've almost emailed you several times but then decided you may need time. Bahamas sounds great!! I wish I was going!
    I'll pray for you and your husband. I know God will lead you down His path!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear things are going well for you. I've been meaning to email you for some time now, and I'm glad to hear the update. I would most definitely agree that you are great at giving advice. You don't know how much your words helped me get through my IVF cycle a couple of months ago. We just started our frozen embryo cycle, and the ball is about to start rolling with that in the next couple of weeks. If I don't talk to you before, I hope you and your hubby have a GREAT Bahamas vacation!

    ReplyDelete