I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Monday, September 6, 2010

Let the transformation begin...

So, Jason and I decided it was time to empty out the guest bedroom and get to setting things up for Baby O. With only about 10 weeks to go...and constant reassurance from birth mom herself...we decided it was safe to proceed. :) Of course I decided to document this glorious occasion.

"before"


1/2 way there...

New furniture brought in...


The crib directions were quite confusing...



With our heads put together...we figured it out...here's Jason putting in the last screw. :)



The shelving unit we put together....far less complicated than the crib...




The finished result of our labor!



I couldn't wait to add our recent purchases to the shelf.



Jason's baby shoes....and his favorite Ernie doll. :)



Some of the things we have been collecting...
We have a ways to go to complete the room...but it's such a surreal feeling to have done this much already. To see a crib in a room in this house is very very odd....but in the most amazing way. If it feels this great to set up his room...I cannot even fathom the feeling to see him in it. Could someone had me a Kleenex? or a thousand....I'm going to need them. :)

1 comment:

  1. I got goosebumps reading this and seeing the pictures!!!!! I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete