I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Monday, June 21, 2010

More news....

So, like I said in my post yesterday.......the past week or so has been a whirlwind....today proved no less.

I got a call this afternoon from our attorney. She got a call from the birth mom. She said she has made her decision....to give her baby up for adoption...and she's picked us as the recipients!!!!!!!!!!! She said that once she made her decision that she felt a like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

This is ALL God. 100% all God.

Jason and I realize that there are still 5 months until the due date of the baby....but we are excited and thrilled that she has made this decision. She finds out in two weeks if it's a boy or girl and we will find out that day.

Jason and I are humbled by God's grace...and we pray for that precious miracle...that one day that baby will be ours and we can make the birth family proud...that the baby will grow up in an amazing home and loved by SO, SO many.

As most of you know from our journey thus far...we aren't used to getting news like this...we aren't used to crying tears of joy instead of pain. This feeling of shear happiness is beyond an amazing feeling (well, and leaving for the Bahamas in 36 hours doesn't hurt either. :) )

Sometimes the only proper reaction to news like this...is to fall to your knees...and pray. We thank God for this unbelievable opportunity.

We have our first homestudy appointment next Thursday evening with our social worker. Our attorney rocks the house...she has put us in contact with someone to get this homestudy done ASAP.

I'd like to close this post with a special "thank you"....Thank you to our "anonymous" blog commenter....for the EXTREMELY GENEROUS gift we received in the mail the other day. A $200 gift card to PF Changs. We don't know who you are....but you must care an awful lot about us. And for that....we thank you.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you!

    www.brandysheaif.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome news!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is certainly some of the best news to read! I am thrilled for you guys more than I can say. As you know, we went through the whole process for adoption and were totally excited to be so close to giving a child a warm and wonderful home. Of course you know the rest of the story. There is a lucky lady carrying an even luckier child who will make a mom and dad the luckiest family. I can't wait to visit your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sweet Kara and J,
    I'm SO thrilled for you guys...I feel that God has many blessings in store for you, for your faithfulness even in pain, and your continued reliance on HIM for comfort and reassurance. You both are dearly loved and cherished...I miss you both and can't wait to see you both again. Go ahead and plan on me coming for a slumber party when I come home!
    Ans

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! I will pray everything goes smoothly and November will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so very happy for you! God definitely works in wonderful ways!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you guys! I have been reading the blog and hoping that all of the IVF issues wouldn't put you guys off from adopting. Clearly God didn't intend for you to get pregnant, because He needed you to be this child's mother. While genetics may make you look a certain way or have certain abilities, you are the way you are because of how you are raised and the people you grow up with. That baby will be a little Oliver, who will love to paint and talk and be a good friend and will know he/she is loved, because you guys will raise it that way. I hope and pray that everything goes smoothly.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so nice to see a happy story! We finished our profile book last night and got physicals done today. Hopefully by the end of the month we will be official. I pray everything goes as planned! I can't wait to hear as the story unfolds. Keep us updated!
    I have my 2nd HSG tomorrow to decide on surgery or not. I am ready for answers!
    Talk to you soon
    Liz Terrell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! I am SO happy for you guys! God does amazing things. I pray this will run as smoothly as possible for you. This is so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete