I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Sunday, October 31, 2010

The beloved cradle...

My dad made this cradle 16 years ago when my uncle and aunt were pregnant with my cousin. We knew from that moment that it was going to be a special piece that was passed on for generations to come. I used to imagine the day that I would get the turn to use this cradle...I would imagine being half asleep in the middle of the night to a fussy baby and nudging the side of the cradle so it would sway back and forth to calm the baby. Not too long ago I often thought I would never be able to get that opportunity....it deeply saddened me that I would never be able to use the family heirloom that my own dad crafted with his own two hands. Today, Jason and I moved the beloved cradle into our room. What a special, special day. There aren't enough words that I can type right now to fully describe how this feels. Just know my heart is smiling. I love you dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment