I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Monday, January 25, 2010

One perfect uterus...

I couldn't resist making that the title of today's update....but it's not very often my doctor uses the word "perfect" when it comes to my body....so I like to brag when I hear it. :)

Today was our re-establish appointment with Dr. H. and my SIS test. I think I've written about this before...but I'll say it again. I just love our doctor. She's so warm and welcoming and the minute Jason and I sat down in her office it was like we didn't skip a beat. Hard to believe it had been four months since we had been there. She reviewed the protocol we used last time we cycled and she wants to stay on with that course of action. We ran down the list of items (once again) that Jason needs to steer clear of....his beloved cigars...clorox...round up, etc...and ensuring that he is taking the male fertility blend vitamin. In turn, I need to stay as calm and stress free as possible. Oh but first...let's go in this room and let me stick 3 lovely probes up you (at the same time) and let's check out that uterus of yours! Nice! Not my idea of a fun Monday morning....but it's part of it and I've come to accept it. Again, Jason and are in the dark room with our doctor, and the Doppler radar as Jason calls it. We've done this enough to know...there's always that moment just before you see the images come up on the screen where there's a slight fear of panic...hoping and praying the images are good and the results we need. "your uterus looks perfect", Dr. H. said. Music to my ears! First test down and perfect results! Praise God! But you take the good with the bad....there was a HUGE cyst on my left ovary...about the size of a quarter. Nothing life threatening...but something like that can impair the start of round 2. Apparently I'm prone to getting these cysts even though we don't know why. Nonetheless...they are putting me on a prescription to try and shrink it, or diminish it all together. No cysts on the right ovary...everything looked great on that side.

Because of the instruments involved in performing a SIS test, I have to take a short round of antibiotics. To prevent any infection (routine procedure). So, took the first of 4 pills and an hour later it made me so sick. Apparently my Fiber One bar was not enough substance in my tummy. Lesson learned....tomorrow morning just might have to involve Chick Fil A. :)

So, overall, Jason and I are very pleased with the outcome from today and are very much looking forward to starting this up again. My initial thinking is that we will start up sometime around the end of February. The whole process takes 6 weeks...so of course I'm counting out scenarios with my calendar. A flutter came over my heart when I realized what our best case scenario would be...we would be done and know by the beginning of April. My mom's birthday is April 4th...which falls on Easter this year. Easter is all about new beginnings. I can't think of a more perfect time to receive the news of a miracle. I pray this will be the most memorable Easter season of my life.

3 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for a good report to start your new cycle. I have been and will continue to pray for you and Jason daily during this process. Here is to New Beginings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you all and the good news you received today! :) The end of February will be here before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for Baby O!

    ReplyDelete