I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Lord, hear our prayers...

Here's the run down of our first report:
18 eggs retrieved
7 were mature*
3 fertilized embyos
*the remaing 4 are still "to be determined" they didn't test positive or negative...so it is possibe that by Saturday we could have more embryos.

When I first got the call earlier they told me we were dropped from the shared risk program because we didn't meet the criteria of 8 mature eggs. This news sent me into a tailspin because we would owe more money...thousands of dollars in more money that Jason and I just don't have. Since then, that information has been cleared up from Dr. H herself. They apologized profusely for giving us that misinformation. Since we met the criteria during cylce 1...we are still in shared risk. So, that is a relief that we won't owe more  money. However, I am disappointed in our results. I know it only takes one...and these 3 embryos could be the best quality ever....but I'm still disappointed. We won't get a report tomorrow...but we will get a report on Saturday. This is such a crucial time right now. It's very possible that we get news that none of the 3 made it...which means there is nothing to transfer on Monday. But it's also possible that all 3 make it and are viable embryos.

As far as how I'm feeling physically....not too great. I'm still cramping pretty bad and I don't know what I was thinking by going to work today. I've since left work and am now resting in my bed...I'm about to medicate myself with some demerol and phenergan and hopefully drift off into sleepy time for a while. I'm just exhausted emotionally and physically.

So for now...faithful prayer warriors....please fall to your knees and lift us up. We need it more than ever at this moment.
Lord, hear our prayers...

6 comments:

  1. I got that bad news that I was dropped from the Shared Risk program during my first cycle. Unfortunately it wasn't a mistake. Personally I think once you're accepted to the Shared Risk program they shouldn't be able to drop you. Isn't that kind of their part of "sharing the risk"? Glad you don't have to pay extra!

    I wasn't able to go to work the next day after retrieval although I had planned on it. Rest as much as you can! Hoping that your embies are growing and dividing and that you'll get great news on Saturday!

    www.brandysheaif.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you. I know it's hard to think positive but try and do just that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you! Try to relax and not get down. Prayers and positive thoughts for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara, I just prayed and know that God is faithful. Rest and feel comforted by His love and ours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you and J so much...praying for you constantly...

    ReplyDelete