I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bitter/sweet time...

What an eventful past 24 hours............. it all started yesterday (Friday) morning when Jason woke up in excruciating pain. Let me brag on my husband for a second....the man never complains - about anything. At least not to me anyway. So I knew when I saw him in this state that something was really wrong. Thankfully, my mom works for a group of urologists and I called her right away. They worked him first thing yesterday morning to see the doctor and confirmed it was in fact a kidney stone. Jason has never had a kidney stone before (neither have I). We were at the doctor's office and they took him back for a cat scan....while he was down the hall I went to the restroom and low and behold....I had started my period! This is what we've been waiting for in order to start round 2 of IVF! I was ecstatic! So excited for this next step....but I was in emotional pain watching Jason go through this physical pain. It seems that I'M always the patient and Jason has always taken great care of me....well, now it was my turn to step up and take care of HIM. TO make a long story short....we were sent home from the doctor and Jason had some relief from a shot of Demerol. But by yesterday afternoon the pain was back full force. After an episode of throwing up...I knew it was time to head to the ER. 6 hours later they admitted him and at that point he was resting comfortably on the best pain meds around. Right now it's 9:00 am on Saturday and we are still in the hospital. They think he could have passed the stone...but we are not sure, he's not in pain and not on any medication so we are crossing our fingers that it did pass. Obviously this whole experience is the "bitter" part. I've never seen Jason like that...in that much pain. It hurt me so bad to see him like that and even drove me to tears. Like I said, I'm usually the patient and during the past year of our journey there have been many times that Jason has witnessed me in pain. Whether it was physical or emotional....to see your spouse, the person you care so much about and love with all of your heart...go through pain like that...it breaks your heart. I'm almost glad this happened (don't kill me Jason...lol) but honestly, it was a reality check for me...to reverse the roles and get to take care of him like he's done for me all this time. Wishing I could take away his pain....I know Jason has felt that so many times for me.

Now...on to the "sweet" part! :) I go Monday morning bright and early for my baseline blood work and ultrasound. It's the first of many hurdles to jump over for an IVF cycle. We've done this before, so we know what to expect. Everything has to fit together just right for us to be able to move to the next step. I pray that large cyst has diminished and that it doesn't hinder our progress. In addition to all of this....we are increasing my acupuncture treatments to twice a week. I have to say, I am really enjoying acupuncture...and really looking forward to going twice a week. 20 minutes of uninterrupted...total relaxation time. Who wouldn't look forward to that??? :)

So many of you have been asking for updates....so I am proud to report the news to you today of our progression.

God is going to see us through this storm. He has this great master plan and I can not wait to see what he has in store for us! :) As always....keep those gracious prayers coming.

2 comments:

  1. O.K. MY NAME IS BILLY BOB DARAFUMA.:)
    WOW! KIDNEY STONE, I HEAR THEY REALY SUCK.A BOWLING BALL IS NOT MEANT TO PASS THROUGH THE PENIS CANAL. THE FUNNY THING IS YOU WANT TO TAKE CARE OF HIM BUT THEIRS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ACCEPT GET HIM A GLASS OF WATER SO HE CAN STAY LOADED UP ON PILLS.HE DRINKS A TON OF WATER SO WONDER WAT CAUSED THEM. MUST BE LACK OF ALCAHAOL CONSUMPTION.I HOPE THATS OVER.
    CONGRATS ON BEING ABLE TO START STAGE 2. NOT SO SURE I WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT WHEN YOU START YOUR PERIOD,(YUCKY)BUT NONE THE LESS I'M GLAD IF THAT MEANS YALL CAN CARRY ON.WHEN THIS IS OVER DRINKS ARE ON ME. OH YEA AND A CIGAR FOR JASON.BEST OF LUCK AND KEEP POSTIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a kidney stone before and I literally thought I was dying. They are not fun at all to say the least!

    Good luck with the next IVF cycle!

    www.brandysheaif.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete