I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Monday, February 22, 2010

That's one big cyst....

So, this morning was my baseline check in order for us to start round 2 of IVF. This involves bloodwork, a bacteria culture, and an ultrasound. Bloodwork: check, Culture: check (with some moderate cramping...but still CHECK), Ultrasound: che....WOAH....what is that huge black mass?!? Literally me, Jason and the nurse all went - holy cow....look at that huge black mass. The cyst from last time was still there...and had almost doubled in size. That means the prometrium prescription didn't help shrink it as planned. Today is measured at 5 cm....about 2 inches in size. Considering the size of the "parts" down there....a 2 inch mass kind of gets in the way. Nonetheless, the nurse instructed us to proceed as planned with starting the nuva ring tonight and keep it in for 3 weeks. We scheduled our appointment with our IVF coordinator to talk about our calendar and get all my medications (shots, etc) ordered. The plan was the nuva ring should shrink or diminish the cyst. It's appointments like today where we don't even see our doctor (it's a common thing, we really only see her for the major appointments). So, about 2:30 this afternoon I get a call from Dr. H. Not a nurse....but Dr. H. herself. My stomach did that funny scared flippy thing when I heard her voice. She seemed very concerned with the cyst and didn't want to waste any more time with meds....we need to get in there and drain that sucker. So, I have to be at the doctor's office at 7:15 in the morning. When I get there they will hook me up with an IV and "feel good" drugs...and the procedure is at 8:15. It's actually a lot like an egg retrieval. They go in with a proe and drain the fluid from the cyst. I'll be groggy and spend the day in bed (cue the sympathetic eyes and milking it for all it's worth from Jason). What is going on our house?!?!!? First Jason with the kidney stone...and now this...all within 3 days of each other?! We are quite the pair lately. :(

Regardless of any anxiety I have over this....it's the best thing. I don't need anything getting in the way or slowing down this process. These cysts are no joke...if they didn't go in and drain it, it very likely could rupture, and then we have big problems. From what I gathered from Dr. H....this won't hinder our progress with this cycle (thank GOD)....of course this is all subject to the outcome of tomorrow, but we are keeping our fingers crossed and saying all kinds of prayers! :) I had an acupuncture session this afternoon and it was wonderful...I feel asleep and it was one of those totally fabulous quick power naps. I was actually really surprised that I was able to relax enough to sleep for a bit. (I guess that means Dr. Fogo is doing his job!)
So....be looking for an update tomorrow. Until then...keep those prayers comin!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry about that cyst, but I'm glad they're going to take care of it instead of hoping that the nuva ring would take care if it. Good luck in the morning! I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you! I truly wish you weren't having to go through all this, but I have to say I love reading your blog. It's so heartfelt and honest and it always brings me to tears because you can see right into your soul by reading it. This has always been a huge fear of mine, but seeing your courage and faith remind me that we have to rely on God's plan and timing. You and Jason are so blessed to have each other. I'm praying that all goes well tomorrow and you can proceed as planned with this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WELL....THAT SUX!!! BUT IT'S JUST A BUMP IN THE ROAD.YOU EVER HEARD THE SAYIN:WE PLAN GOD CHUCKLES.SO TRUE,ONE OF THE HARDEST THINGS WE EVER HAVE TO DO IS PUT FEET TO OUR FAITH.SAYING WE HAVE FAITH IS EASY BUT WALKING IN FAITH CAN BE VERY DIFFICULT.SEEING YOU TO STRUGGLE WITH THIS IS A PAIN IN THE REAR AND VERY HEART BREAKING.WE CAN ONLY SEE A PART OF THE PAIN THAT YOU TWO ARE GOIN THROUGH...I WANT TO SAY SOMETHING TO CHEER YALL UP BUT I'M TRIPPING OVER MY TOUNGE..SPEECHLES.I REALY HOPE ALL GOES WELL WITH THE CYST.YOU SURE GOTTA GREAT HUBBY CAUSE IF I JUST PAST A KIDNEY STONE YOU'D BE FLYIN SOLO.BEST OF LUCK AND WE LOVE YALL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the cyst. I've never had one (that I know of). I'm glad it won't interfere with the cycle this month!

    www.brandysheaif.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete