I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I must have lost 6 ounces...

...that's what Jason said after he saw the amount of fluid they drained from the cyst. Apparently it was bigger than they thought. I'm so thankful that Dr. H. pushed to have it drained versus trying more medication to do the trick.
The morning started off not so fun as the nurse attempted to put in my IV. I have had countless surgeries over the years. Too many ear surgeries than I care to remember...so I've had well over my fair share of IVs. I've NEVER experienced anything like this before. After an unsuccessful attempt by one nurse, they called another one in. Luckily again, Jason was there to hold my hand...or I should probably say squeeze. I think I cut off the circulation. I can't even describe the pain that lasted what I felt was an eternity. I was screaming and crying. :( I paid my dues though....when the IV was finally in they pumped me full of Versed. Versed is this great sedative that makes you forget about anything else in the world except for total relaxation. Frankly, I barely even remember the procedure and don't even remember seeing Dr. H. even though I know we spoke. :) We can home and I took the best nap ever.

With all that being said...the cyst is drained....they sent off the liquid to pathology, just as a common practice....and tonight begins the nuva ring and the journey to IVF cycle #2!

Thank you everyone for all your calls, texts, and facebook messages. Hopefully this was just a minor bump in the road.
Hugs and love to you all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear everything went good. I thought about you all day yesterday and meant to email Jennifer to see how you were but was so busy at work. It was good seeing you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete