I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Another bridge crossed…

The blood work I had done Monday morning all came back great today! They were checking estrogen and FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) levels. Like I’ve said before, everything has to line up “just so” in order for us to proceed to the next step.

Now, waiting for those results was no easy task. I should have been called with the results by Tuesday morning and it took until 1:00 today to get those results (after multiple phone calls, voice mails, etc). Waiting is no fun. I’ve always known the following things about me, but I’m constantly reminded about them: #1. I DO NOT LIKE to not be in control. #2. I’m not a very patient person. Both of these traits I’m going to deal with constantly during this process. I have no control over this situation. Yeah, I have the ability to choose our method of treatment…obtain a loan, etc….but when it comes to the actual IVF cycle….it is out of my hands. The way your body responds determines so much. A good friend once told me…Modern medicine can only do so much, the rest you have to leave up to God. Gosh, that is so true. My faith and my patience are being tested daily. I WILL CONQUER THIS, I WILL! It’s just hard to always keep that focus.

So, where do we go from here?

Well, Tuesday the 21st we have an appointment with our IVF coordinator. She will give us our calendar that will specifically spell out in every detail about our course of action. The medication, the egg retrieval, the transfer, etc. From the way it’s looking now this will all take place over the month of August. (that’s right, like 2 weeks away) Technically we are on the train now with me using this Nuvaring. It’s suppressing ovulation and HOPEFULLY getting rid of this massive cyst on my right ovary (a factor that must improve in order for us to continue). The day I start the shots…somewhere around August 3rd, I will go in for another sonogram to check out that lovely cyst. It better be gone! If it’s not, I’m sure will delay our IVF cycle another month or so. So much mental preparation goes into this that I know I will be totally let down if we don’t get to cycle this time. All in God’s timing though. In order for us to have this wonderful miracle of life, everything has to be perfect. It can’t be rushed….which brings me right back to that patience thing!

I’m overwhelmed with all of the well wishes from everyone. Overwhelmed in a good way….it helps more than you all know to hear those constant praises of happiness and help during the those times of frustration and sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment