I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help...

I've heard this many times. Well, it's time for me to cash in all those offers! I've been doing a lot of research and reading on this upcoming IVF process. I'm trying to be as prepared as I can. In doing that I've been reading a lot of people's personal experiences, one book in particular has really helped. The author suggests creating a care package. I'd like to share an excerpt from the book:
"I created a care package I could use when facing a tough day or moment in my cycle. All women undergoing any sort of infertility treatment should have a care package on hand to remind them that they're important and need to take care of themselves. Believe it or not it's easy to forget about you during your cycle as everyone starts focusing on your follicle developments, E2 levels and embryo quality. A care package will remind you that you deserve to be treated well during this process."
She goes on to suggesting asking your family and friends to contribute to your care package as a way of helping. So...as this post is titled...."please let me know if there is anything I can do to help" this is it! Since this IVF process is going to start in the coming few weeks I'm starting to get my care package together now. If anything, it will help relieve the anxiety, fear, and uncertainty I have about this whole process. Everyone responds differently and while I'm hoping for my body to respond pleasantly....I have to prepare myself that there will probably be days where I feel extremely down, tired, and hormonal. These are the days I will cling to my care package (and snuggled up to Jason, I am sure!)
So, what is a care package and what am I asking for you all to provide? Maybe it's a magazine or a book or a movie you think I'd like...maybe it's manicure or pedicure goodies....or maybe it's just a letter, written from you about reminding me to stay positive to help me through a hard day.
If you'd like to contribute please do so over the next couple weeks. Family and friends are going to be what gets Jason and I through this... so I wanted to give everyone an opportunity to help.
In closing...on this 4th of July weekend, I'm consumed with thoughts of freedom. I've thought A LOT about freedom this weekend. I'm thankful to live in a country where I have the FREEDOM to choose my own doctor...I have the FREEDOM to chose this course of infertility treatment...I have the FREEDOM to walk into a bank and obtain a loan for this process...I have the FREEDOM to start this blog and write whatever I wish for the internet world to read. I have to remind myself that there are parts of the world that these things are not possible. Through the hustle and bustle of life...we all tend to forget these freedoms. I'm proud to be an American...and you can't put a price tag on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment