I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Monday, July 13, 2009

Proceeding with Caution...

So...the actual journey has begun! :) However, we are proceeding with caution.
Now comes the time in my blogging "career" to decide how many details to actually share. Some of you reading this really don't want to hear about ovaries, sonograms, monthly cycles, and medication details. But I know some of you actually do! LOL! so...for those that don't...just stop reading now, it's about to get a tad personal!
So yesterday aunt flo arrived and that was the indication we needed that our IVF journey could begin! (much to my surprise, about 2 weeks early, yeah!) The timing worked out perfect because we already had an appointment with Dr. H. this morning to discuss the ins and outs of IVF. After meeting with her and learning about all the risks, benefits, etc....she sent me down the hall for a lovely sonogram. Fun stuff...
well, in doing the sonogram they found a large cyst on my right ovary. In fact, it was an odd looking cyst (thoughts of frustration immediately filled my body...just one more setback, ugh!) After waiting a couple hours to hear Dr. H's recommendations, she was fine with us proceeding along (yeah!). So today starts the lovely nuva ring. This will supress ovulation, and hopefully diminsh the cyst. I will have to have another sonogram soon to determine if the cyst is gone.
I'm also waiting to hear about bloodwork that was drawn today. What they call "baselines". All of these levels have to be just right in order for us to be able to start this cycle. If anything is out of whack, anything at all, it can delay this IVF process. It's amazing how many things have to line up and corrdinate together.
This whole ordeal takes 6 weeks from start to finish...we are officially at the start...so hopefully we won't hit any bumps along the road.
I'm going to end this blog here....I feel like my mind is running in a million directions, but I wanted to be able to get this update out to all of you! Again, thanks for following us...and keep the prayers coming! :)

1 comment: