I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Friday, September 4, 2009

Helpful thoughts...

I've been trying to come up with right words to say to express how I'm feeling during this anxious waiting period....
Then today a dear friend emailed me this. We aren't sure of the original author...but it's a writing that has been passed around through some mutual friends who are also encountering fertility issues. When I read it my eyes filled up with tears and I knew it was the perfect thing to share with all of you here, on this blog. I couldn't have written it better myself.

"what do I think God meant when he gave me infertility? I think he meant for my husband and me to grow closer, become stronger, love deeper. I think God meant for us to find the fortitude within ourselves to get up every time infertility knocks us down. I think God meant for our medical community to discover medicines, invent medical equipment, create procedures and protocols. I think God meant for us to find a cure for infertility. No, God never meant for me not to have children. that's not my destiny; that's just a fork in the road I’m on. I’ve been placed on the road less traveled, and, like it or not, I’m a better person for it. Clearly, God meant for me to develop more compassion, deeper courage, and greater inner strength on this journey to resolution, and I haven't let Him down. frankly, if the truth be known, I think God has singled me out for a special treatment. I think God meant for me to build a thirst for a child so strong and so deep that when that baby is finally placed in my arms, it will be the longest, coolest, most refreshing drink I’ve ever known."
~author unknown

1 comment: