I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Inconclusive...

More waiting....
This morning's blood test was inconclusive. Not "no"....but not "yes". The beta level would be 20 or above for a positive result and 5 or below for a negative result. My level was 16.3. Seriously?!?!? "Maybe" is the answer we got today. I go back on Friday for another blood test. This should clearly show the results. If the number continues to go up...then yes, success! But the number can still go back down. I can't help but feel that I'll be even more let down if the results Friday are negative. The nurse said that the embryo(s) could have just implanted late...therefore being too soon for it to show up on a test. I know that "maybe" is better than "no".... but it's all still up in the air....way up there...in God's hands. I have to remind myself of that constantly. God works in mysterious ways and for some reason he feels the need to continue to test me and Jason to our utmost potential.
So for now....y'all keep praying....and I'll keep reading Psalm 139.

Thank you so much for all of your love and support. I've been overwhelmed with emails, texts, and notes from so many people. Each one of you are playing a special role in this. God answers all prayers...in His time...in His way.

2 comments:

  1. Uggggh, I've been checking your blog every two minutes.....Hang in there. I know this is excrutiating for both of you. I'll just keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure this is a common issue, but I'm sorry it has happened to you. I love you both.
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to hear that but I'm still praying and keeping my fingers and toes crossed! Hopefully Friday we'll all be celebrating with you.

    ReplyDelete