I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Sunday, March 7, 2010

In need of some encouraging words...

What do people do that don't have faith? What do people do when faced with tough situations in life that don't have God to rely on? Thankfully, I am a believer in God. I'm a believer in a predestined plan. Sometimes, yes, I question "why"...but at the end of the day, I know that God has something planned for me and everything happens according to His purpose.
With that being said, I've been having a hard time lately. Sometimes its really hard for me to reliquish control and let God "do His thing". I want to try and plan my life. I've always heard - we make plans and God laughs. That is so true. I've been struggling lately and am constantly in need of words from God. I received an email today from a friend that were the exact words I needed to hear. I wanted to share them on this blog because I know we all struggle with things, and for those believers out there, these are the perfect encouraging words:

Trusting God when I don't understand
Sunday March 07 2010 12:00 AM
Posted by Rick Warren


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)
When the children of Israel were finally set free from Egypt after 400 years of slavery, they started marching out to freedom and the first thing they came to was the Red Sea. There were impassable mountain ranges on two sides of them, the sea in front of them.

Behind them, in hot pursuit, was the Egyptian army because the Pharaoh had changed his mind about letting them go. The path before the Israelites looked like a dead end.

But God knew exactly what He wanted to do. He had not made a mistake. He could see what they could not see. He opened the Red Sea and they walked through to safety. Years later, the Israelites looked back and sang, "Your road led by a pathway through the sea—a pathway no one knew was there!" (Psalm 77:19 LB).

You may be facing a dead end right now—financial, emotional, relational—but God can see a path that you don't know about. If you will trust God and keep on moving in faith, even when you don't see a way, He will make a way.

It will become more understandable as you head down the path he sets before you, but understanding is not a requirement for you to start down the path. Proverbs 4:18 says, "The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining brighter till the full light of day" (NIV). One day you will stand in the full light of eternity and view the big picture. You'll see God's purpose behind the path He specifically chose for you.

What do I do in the meantime? You do what Proverbs 3 says: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." What does He mean "don't lean on your own understanding"? You don't need to try to figure it out. In truth, you're not going to understand most of the things that happen in your life until you get to heaven.

Be patient. God knows what He's doing. God knows what's best for you. He can see the end result. You can't. All those problems, heartaches, difficulties and delays -- all the things that make you ask "why" -- one day it will all be clear in the light of God's love.

But for now, we're learning to trust God.

Tuesday we have a phone appointment with our IVF cooridnator. This is when we will get our calendar of this cycle and find out when the shots start. We are anxious to get this cycle under way. It's getting very close!

I'm selfishly going to ask for lots of prayers here.
I'll keep you all posted....

No comments:

Post a Comment