I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Only God knows our future...

I get these daily email devotionals and they have really been speaking to me lately. I wanted to share this one with you all because we all struggle with things in our lives and need to hear the word of God. I have quite a few close friends right now that are going through hard times...even though our situations aren't the same...the daily emotional struggles we feel ARE the same. It's amazing to me how two totally different situations can result in the same emotional turmoil. It's not that I'm glad others close to me are hurting....but it is comforting to know that I'm not alone when I feel the things I do.

Today is my supression check at the doctor to make sure the Lupron is doing it's job. As long as everything checks out there, I will start the stimulation medicine this weekend. Thank you all so much for your continued interest and prayers for our journey.

Like I said, this devotional spoke to me, and maybe it will speak to you as well.


God knows what gets you stressed

Thursday March 18 2010
Posted by Rick Warren

Call to me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own. Jeremiah 33:3 (MSG)

"God not only knows about the future, He's there in the future. "

We're all interested in the future. It's interesting to me the things people will try to figure out what's going to happen next: astrology, horoscopes, reading tea leaves, consulting with people, bio-rhythms. But they're going to the wrong source because the only one who knows what's going to happen next is God. The Bible says, even before you were born, God knew all of your future. This means God sees your tomorrow, today. He already sees the things you'll face. The fact is, God is not limited by time. He's able to be in the past, the present, and the future all at the same time. That should give us great confidence in God. He not only knows about the future, He's there in the future. He not only walks with us day-by-day, He can also walk in our future. If I know that God knows all my tomorrows, today, then I should ask for advice. He knows what's going to happen: "Call to me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own." (Jeremiah 33:3, MSG) The things you don't know, God can tell you about. He's not going to lay out your whole life all at once, telling you everything that will happen in your life. If He did, you'd likely get very discouraged or prideful or both. Instead, He gives it to you a little bit at a time. Here's what I'd suggest, when you get up in the morning, go over your schedule with the Lord. Pray, "Father, You've already seen this day that I'm about to experience. Tell me the things that are important today and then help me to focus on them."

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kara,
    Yall are in my prayers. I appreciate the devotional post. What devotional book/email is this? I am looking for one.
    Thanks,
    Jana

    ReplyDelete