I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Sunday, March 14, 2010

It's a love/hate relationship...

I love that I'm on Lupron because that means that our IVF cycle is underway...but I hate it because of the way it's making me feel. I really consiously try to not complain about any part of this process because I'm thankful to have the opportunity to go through this. This is really the only way for us to have a biological child so, I pray the good out weights the bad and we'll end up with a miracle baby. But my dear Lord...these headaches are really getting me down. I've basically had a headache since my Lupron shots started last Tuesday. I long for my one caffiene drink a day in hopes it will help...count down every 4 hour time period so I can take more Tylenol...and covet bed time because at least it doesn't hurt when I sleep. I don't remember the headaches being this bad the last time. I've done a lot of research online and there's basically no help. The only thing I can find as a suggestion is water, water, water....which I'm already drinking lots of. I have about one more full week of Lupron shots before I get to decrease my dose and add in the STIMS medicine...which should ease the headaches. I go this Thursday for my first suppression check...and for a physical. Dr. H. requires to have one current each year, and this month marks one year at the ART Program. Gosh, has it really been a year already!?!?! I'm going to ask if there is anything else I can take besides Tylenol...but I'm sure there isn't. It's just part of it. :(

As of right now the rest of our IVF schedule looks to be like this.... Egg retrieval should be somewhere around March 31st, April 1st or April 2nd. Embryo transfer about 4 days after that...and then my blood pregnancy test about 2 weeks after that. So, we should know the big news somewhere around April 20th.  I pray this is our time....gosh do I pray. I'm doing all the right things....the rest is in God's hands. Keep lifting us up....

No comments:

Post a Comment