I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

This looks familiar...

Medication Invasion has taken over the Oliver's kitchen table...yet again. Jason was a great husband and went and picked up all of my meds for me today. When I got home from work and looked in the bags...and said, "yep...this looks just like last time". I really want to try and not compare this cycle to the last because I don't want to have any negative thoughts about it. But seeing all that medication just brought back a whole flood of emotions. Tonight I start my daily Lupron injections. Lupron prevents the production of certain hormones...thus, resulting in a decrease of estrogen and progesterone levels...which is necessary for this process. They've gotta surpress my hormone production before they stimulate it back up to make lots and lots of eggs. :)
I've read that women can respond totally different from IVF cycle to IVF cycle...so I'm anxious to see how I'll respond this time. On the last cycle the Lupron gave me daily headaches. Maybe I'll get lucky and not experience those dreaded things again.
Tomorrow Jason and I go in for some routine bloodwork...then my next appointment will be the 17th for my first suppression check. This ensures the Lupron is doing it's job.
The first time around, this was a huge deal....giving myself a shot...daily shots. But honestly, it doesn't even phase me. These Lupron shots are taken in my stomach and needle is super tiny. In a few days it will become like second nature...like I could do it in my sleep.
So, that's really the update for now...
As always, please lift Jason and I up in your daily prayers.
Love, Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment