I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Friday, March 19, 2010

Moving forward!

Yesterday was my suppression check (bloodwork and ultrasound). The ultrasound looked fine...there was a small cyst still on my left ovary but it wasn't big enough to alarm the nurse. But basically everything looked just as it should. Just found out that all the bloodwork came back perfect...all of my levels were in the normal range! :) So, that means that on Sunday I will decrease the amount of Lupron I am injecting by half  (praise God) and add in another shot. This is the stimulation medication (aka - STIMS) if you look back at my old post from cycle 1 http://theoliversjourney.blogspot.com/2009/08/makings-of-stim-shot.html you will see what goes into this medication. Because my dose of Lupron is going down, hopefully that means that these dreaded headaches will decrease. They did end up calling me in Lortab so I have been taking those to help...but I'd rather not have to take them as they make me feel loopy and then sleepy. (two feelings I'd rather not be feeling while I'm at work! But it's better than the pain I was experiencing)

I go in for my first follicle check on Thursday morning. From there I will probably have to go in every morning for the next week so we can monitor the follicles. They have to reach a certain size before egg retrieval can be scheduled (tentatively March 31st, or April 1st).

So...everything is moving along just as it should be! I'm actually starting to feel moments of being excited, versus moments of tears and sadness. Could this be the time that results in a precious miracle for Jason and I?!!? Gosh, I hope so. So many of you have told me you feel good about this cycle...that this is our time. I pray you all are correct! I just ask that you pray for God to scoop up Jason and I during this and carry us...we certainly can't do it alone. I like to think these moments of excitement are God telling me to keep believing in His handywork. I feel like I need to bust out in a karaoke rendition of Journey's "Don't Stop Believin"...and I don't even sing karaoke...lol!! I think I'll just put in my Glee soundtrack instead... :)
Love, Kara

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with stim. I pray everything goes well and you get the results we all want.

    ReplyDelete