I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Monday, August 17, 2009

The makings of a STIM shot...


So, last night started the new STIM medication. And after careful reading through the material again, I realized the that the shot is to be given in my stomach or leg...not my hip like we thought. So...for now, Jason is off the hook. I can continue to give myself these shots in addition to the lupron. Here is a picture of what makes up one of these STIM's shots....

1. attach cap to the syringe (the cap is in front of the pink vial)
2. draw up the liquid in the 3 vials (the 2 green and 1 pink)
3. push the liquid through to the vial on the far right. This is powder and dissolves when the liquid is pushed in.
4. take off the cap and attach the needle to the syringe.
5. draw up the mixed liquid.
6. clean the skin and administer the shot.

Um....word to the wise....this shot BURNS! there is a good amount of liquid being pushed in and it's pretty painful. Honestly, I don't know if I can take that pain in my stomach.I might continue to give these shots in my legs and only give the lupron in my stomach. Understand the overwhelming part? It's a lot to remember....which is why I had to make a notebook to keep all my notes, calendar, etc in as a reference. I call it my IVF bible. :)

So, for now I'm just shooting away at night....and battling headaches by day. Battling one right now in fact. Today was the worst I've felt in a while actually. I woke up feeling very exhausted....got a burst of energy mid morning and I felt better until about 2:00 this afternoon. It was down hill from there....I'm taking Tylenol and drinking lots of water. That's all I can really do. Oh, and rest! Doctor's orders! At this point in the process I'm on even more restriction. Can't lift over 20 pounds...and just supposed to take it easy. I've been doing that anyway, so I'm just going to continue doing just that!

We go back to the doctor on Thursday morning. This sonogram will show how the follicles are growing. Those follicles will turn into eggs. Depending on the size of follicles will determine when egg retrieval is....definitely one day next week though. We are in the heart of the process now! It's hard to believe how quickly it's flying by.

As always....continue with the prayers everyone! God is listening! :)

2 comments:

  1. I hurt just reading this! Bless your heart! But hopefully very soon all this will be for a very sweet baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby Ansley will be so worth it!

    Love you, darling...get some rest and catch up on all your favorite TV shows and movies!!!

    ReplyDelete