I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

25 eggs!

This morning's retrieval process went great! They were able to get 25 eggs! We will get a call tomorrow letting us know the details on the quality of the eggs and how many fertilized. From there they will continue to call us each day to let us know how our little embryos are progressing! Next up...we go in Monday morning at 11:00 for the transfer....then I will go back on September 9th at 7:30 for the blood pregnancy test!!!! Exciting stuff!

I'm experiencing some cramping today which is to be expected after the retrieval. So I'm laid up in the bed and just waiting on Jason to deliver my Demerol from the pharmacy! :) Going to take it extra easy today and nap when I feel the urge.

Specific prayer requests today...
Pray that the embryologists work to the best of their ability to fertilize the eggs, pray that we end up with high quality embryos, pray for the preparation of my body for the transfer on Monday. Pray for continued patience as well for both Jason and myself as we are in the "waiting game" now.

Thanks again for all the notes and emails to let us know you are thinking about us. How lucky are we to be blessed with such wonderful people in our lives.
Hugs to you all! :)

4 comments:

  1. Jennifer emailed me this morning. I'm so excited for yall! It's going by so fast, hopefully Monday will go well and of course hopefully when you go back in for the pregnancy test it will be positive. Lots of prayers for yall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I emailed Jennifer this morning and asked if there was any news yet. I've been thinking about y'all all day!

    I told Jennifer that I wish you would transfer 10 eggs and become the worlds next reality stars! You would definitely have to find a new photographer though! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, J and K + 10....love it...just don't get that funky hairdo, ok Kara?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear this news, Kara! I will be praying VERY hard for you guys these next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete