I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Friday, August 28, 2009

J & K plus 8!

Just kidding.........that just means we have 8 embryos....not that we will have 8 children. In fact, I can GUARANTEE it! All 8 fertilized eggs have grown into embryos as of 10:30 this morning. They grade them at this stage on a scale of 1-10. One being the highest quality. All 8 of ours are grade TWO. So, this is GREAT news! They will call us again tomorrow morning with another progress report. Then we won't get a call on Sunday - we will have to wait until we get there at 10:30 on Monday to find out the final tally of what we have to work with. I'm still pretty anxious and nervous....to be expected, but I'm not having as hard of a day as I did yesterday.

Medicine update.....today has started the progesterone phase of the medication (all of the past shots have already stopped). I have to take an "injection" of progesterone in the mornings (not an actual needle injection....women, you can figure this out) then a nightly injection in the hip of progesterone in an oil form. This is the really big needle and the shot that Jason has to give....so it's his time to shine!

I will post another update tomorrow as soon as we hear about out little embies. :)
My daily thanks.....thanks for all the sweet notes you all have sent me.

1 comment: