I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

day 3 update...


Well, it’s day 3 of my shots and so far so good! And my faithful readers...have been wondering about the needles! LOL! Here is a picture of my first pick up from the pharmacy...complete with my own red hazardous container! Now, that is something I didn't think I would ever use to accessorize my bathroom!!!! As you can see the syringe is really small...and the needle is even smaller. This is just for the lupron (one little vial and tons of syringes!)...more pictures will follow in the coming weeks showing the rest of these lovely meds! (I got a sneak peek at the pharmacy of all my "prizes"...it's A LOT!)

I have already experienced a couple side effects (upset stomach, tiredness) but in mild forms so no formal complaints just yet! Administering the shots has not been a big deal….aside from the first night when the injection site swelled up like a bad mosquito bite! After reading the material a bit closer…it clearly said that could happen. And as Jason tells me – “if it could happen…it will happen to you!”. We laugh about that…but after I stop to really think about it I realize that it could be so much worse…there could be so many other obstacles standing in our way (maybe I’m able to say that now because things seem to finally be falling into place). And Jason and I can both tell that our minds are a bit preoccupied. The process is finally underway that we have waited for and it's exciting, yet scary...just like my blog title says. Random things like forgetting where I put something...or not being able to remember why I walked into a room....these things are happening to Jason and I both! I mentioned these things to Jason last night and he was like - I'm experiencing the same thing! It doesn't surprise me though. We have been known to finish each other's sentences, read each other's minds, and say the exact same thing at the exact same time. It just validates to us even more that we are meant to be together. One thing is FOR SURE....even if we don't end up with a baby (God forbid) we will definitely have a stronger marriage. A bond that I knew was already strong to begin with...is already growing.

There's a country song out by Brad Paisley that I've come to love.
The lyrics say:
I could just see you, with a baby on the way
And I could just see you, when your hair is turning gray
What I can't see is how I'm ever gonna love you more
But I've said that before

I thought the day I married Jason - Gosh, I can't love this man any more than I do right now....but I love him more than I did that day. I love it when I song can put so much into perspective!

Well that post just turned all sentimental...didn't it?!?! Started talking about needles and finishing up talking about how much I love my husband...that doesn't surprise my scatterbrained mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment