I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Monday, August 31, 2009

Transfer complete!



What an emotional day it's been! We arrived at the doctor's office at 10:30 this morning....with a full bladder (doctor's orders) and heavy hearts! What an emotional journey we have been on thus far and today proved no less. We ended up with 2 embryos to transfer today. One was a higher grade embryo (the one on the left in the picture on the bottom) and the other was a middle of the road grade (the one on the right). Graded AB3 and B2, respectively. Our doctor was very happy with these results so we have every reason to be hopeful. As of right now we don't have any to freeze....but there are 2 other embryos they are keeping a watch on and we will know by tomorrow morning if we are able to freeze those. I'm trying to not think about "the next time" right now and just concentrate on this cycle. When we got there this morning Jason and I were both instructed to "suit up". I, in my hospital gown...Jason, in a gown over his clothes, complete with a cap and shoe covers....as we were about to enter a sterile room. They even gave me a sweet little stuffed bear to hold (and keep) with an ART Fertility Program t-shirt on. I can't help but think I will be clinging to this bear for quite some time as a form of comfort. When they wheeled me into the room the nurse immediately had to check my bladder to ensure it was full enough (don't ask me why they need me to have a full bladder...I still don't know, LOL). Anyway, it wasn't quite full enough so....more water...drink, drink, drink. A few minutes later it was full enough and Dr. Honea came in. She went over our embryo results and we got to see the picture of the little embies. After signing more consents, away we go! Jason was able to watch the whole thing on the sonogram machine as I was laying down, clenching the bear, my cross necklace, and Jason's hand of course. Immediately as they inserted the catheter tears of joy started falling down my face. What an emotional experience?! To know that at that EXACT moment....2 embryos were entering my body....and hopefully finding a very inviting home for the next 9 months. The tears didn't stop there....it was a very short procedure and immediately afterward Dr. Honea, Jason, myself and the nurse grasped hands (the picture of the embryos was laying on my belly) and Dr. Honea said the most precious prayer....blessing our potential children, this process and that God's will be done. Cue more crying.....As I've said before....there is only so much that the embryologists and doctors can do....the rest is in God's hands. The top picture I've posted here shows my uterus and the pink line is pointing to a very small white dot....those are our 2 embies! I go back on September 9th for the bloodwork to determine if I'm pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever since that moment this morning, there have been many clear signs that God has revealed to me that He is in control. Hope has been a word I've leaned on during this process. On the drive home we see the car in front of us with the license plate - HOPE 4U. What comfort. Then as get home I turned on the TV and at that time a verse came up on the screen....Romans 8:28. A verse that is very special to our family....my mom has always written that to me over the years....and it was my grandfather's favorite verse....one that my grandmother also recites to me often. Then the 3rd sign brought on the tears again....I have been following a Caring Bridge website for a woman named Keri Cain. I learned about this woman from a girl I work with....she suffered a heart attack weeks ago and ever since has been fighting quite a battle. Even though I did not know this woman, her story pulled at my heart day after day. I continued to follow her progress and pray for her, her husband and her two small precious children. When I pulled up a my email a few short moments ago, I learned that Keri lost her struggle this morning and is now at home with our Saviour. I've always heard that when God takes one life, another begins. I couldn't help but think that as God chose to take Keri home....that he chose to give us a precious life. I can barely type these words right now as the tears are filling up my eyes.

So, like I said, a very emotional day for sure. Many emotions are filling up my heart right now as I am sure the same is happening for Jason. The most important step thus far in our journey is now complete and all we can do now is wait. Wait the dreaded long 9 days....but I take comfort in knowing that God is on our side.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness girl. I just first read your blogs late last week. I had an idea what you were going thru but I really had no idea until I read them. Your blog today, brought tears to my eyes. Your journey has touched my heart in many more ways than you could ever know. I pray that you and Jason receive the blessing of the child you so much deserve.
    April Woodward

    ReplyDelete
  2. You brought me to tears at work! I so hope in 9 days you hear what you've been waiting to hear for so long now! I'm glad it went well this morning and hopefully all your prayers will be answered. I sure so hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you're tugging at my heartstrings. I've been thinking about you ALL day long! You have been in my prayers and my small group has been praying for you and Jason both!!! I love you girl and I hope that there is good news and prayers answered in the following weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chills & tears I always feel are a good thing... you brought me that with your post. I am praying for you and Jason. I love you and hope that these next few days fly by with ease so that you may get your wonderful news! Keep on keeping us posted! :-) Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I am crying I can ONLY imagine what you and Jason are feeling... WOW what a day! Kara, you are precious and as I have said before I pray for nothing but the best for you!! Try to relax and stay calm for the next few days. Will be thinking about you daily.
    Amy-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Kara! Can't wait to hear the news in 9 days...
    I'm praying for you and Jason...I know it is going to be a looong 9 days but your spirit of knowing God is in control is overwhelming!! Your blog is touching more people than you'll ever know...I'm so proud of you!
    Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. prayers, dear friend...so many prayers for you, J, and Baby O...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Kara! This post brought tears to my eyes. As I type this, I know you are still waiting on the news you've been praying so hard for. I'll continue to pray that your prayers are answered!

    ReplyDelete